Website Lee Montessori Public Charter School
About Lee Montessori Public Charter School
Lee Montessori PCS is a public charter school in Washington DC that opened its doors to its first class of students in the Fall of 2014. Our mission is to foster a lifetime love of learning and cultivate independence among DC schoolchildren, using the student-centered Montessori Method, an evidence-based approach to closing the opportunity gap. We strive to create peaceful, multi-age learning environments for public preschool- and elementary-aged children that fosters the physical, social, emotional, and academic growth and development of students and produces life-long learners. The school social and academic culture follows the rigorous standards for excellence as set forth by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
Operations Associate Position Description
The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting day-to-day school campus operations. Working under the supervision of the Director of Operations, this individual maintains a high-quality, responsive, and customer service-oriented environment. In addition, they will work with all customers/stakeholders – students, parents, teachers, and visitors in support of the school’s mission. The Operations Associate is responsible for supporting the work of the school in the form of both short- and long-term projects as well as general logistical support. The hard work of the Operations Associate ensures that teachers and administrators are able to focus on the primary goal of ensuring student achievement.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain common spaces to maintain appearance, safety, functionality, and use.
- Manage daily staff duty schedule; identify replacements as needed
- Assist with logistics for school-wide, and afterschool events – including rental needs, food needs, set up/clean up logistics, etc.
- Organize, maintain and track all campus technology, office supply and classroom supply inventories
Talent & Staffing
- Arrange for substitutes during faculty absences – both planned and unplanned
- Assist with conducting phone screens for prospective employees
Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Order and prepare all marketing materials for student recruitment events
- Assist with the planning, staffing and logistics of all student recruitment/enrollment events (open houses, school tours, new family orientations, etc.)
- Collect and verify new student enrollment paperwork and DC residency documentation in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Collect and accurately enter all student data (demographic, attendance and achievement) into student databases
- Support the school, its mission, and leadership
- Clerical Tasks: Answer phones, filing, scheduling and managing calendars, printing and labeling
- Fill-in for recess, lunch and nap duties, as needed
- Administer first aid as necessary per school policies; contact parents or emergency personnel as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Directors of Operations or Head of School
Required Skills and Experience
A successful candidate:
- Has a firm commitment to upholding the school’s mission
- Possesses, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree
- Has a minimum of two years front office management and/or administrative support experience, preferably in a school, nonprofit, or public agency setting.
- Is proficient in basic office computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs.
- Must be able to deliver impeccable customer service to a variety of diverse stakeholders (students, families, staff and visitors)
- Is detail oriented and has strong organization skills
- Flexibility and ability to effectively multitask
- Assertive and self-motivated with excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a member of a team
Compensation and Benefits
Lee Montessori PCS offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://leemontessori.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26 →