Website Inspired Teaching Demonstration School
Inspired Teaching Demonstration School (ITDS), a progressive public charter school in Washington, DC, serving just over 500 students in preschool through eighth grade, seeks a mission-driven, strategic, and innovative Head of School to join ITDS in the summer of 2021.
The Head of School reports to the Board of Directors and is the chief academic and administrative leader for the school. The Head of School’s senior team includes the three academic division principals and the chief operating officer. There is an emerging team of director-level staff at the school who are poised to take on additional leadership responsibilities and streamline reporting relationships now that the school has reached its full size. The school’s staff is approximately 90 people, including teachers and support personnel.
While no one candidate will embody every quality, the successful candidate will bring many of the following qualifications and attributes:
● A proven track record leading teachers and students in early childhood, elementary, and middle school educational settings with deep knowledge of and experience in progressive education methodology;
● A systems thinker with a record of successful administrative leadership; the ability to build and manage high performing teams, to make difficult decisions, and to execute large, ambitious, and fiscally responsible plans;
● A nuanced understanding of issues related to equity, access, diversity, and inclusion in education with demonstrated experience shaping diversity and inclusion initiatives in a school or comparable setting;
● Excellence in communication, with the ability to energize and inspire the school community, including staff, students, families, the board of directors, and external stakeholders;
● A deep appreciation for the history, achievements, and aspirations of Inspired Teaching Demonstration School, and the ability to effectively and eloquently articulate its vision and the importance of an ITDS education to a diverse audience;
● A confident decision maker with an inclusive, transparent, collaborative, and decisive leadership style;
● A commitment to social justice and an eagerness to embrace the opportunity to be a leader in, engage with, and partner with the broader District of Columbia community.
● A lifelong learner with curiosity, sound judgment, and the utmost integrity;
● A sense of humor combined with a sense of purpose; collegial and down-to-earth; diplomatic and decisive; balanced in the face of challenge;
● Knowledge of how charter schools operate, classroom teaching experience, and an advanced degree are all preferred.
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS
Inspired Teaching Demonstration School has retained Isaacson, Miller, a national executive search firm, to assist in this search. All inquiries, nominations, referrals, and applications should be submitted electronically to:
Katie Rockman, Partner
Carrie Alexander, Managing Associate
Caitlin Barrett, Senior Associate
The Inspired Teaching Demonstration School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.
To apply for this job please visit www.imsearch.com.