Well all, we’ve looked up, and another school year is behind us, how time flies! We are pleased to have seen many of our New York City school leaders at UnifiED Excellent School Visits May, our COP Wrap Parties, and Explorer Application of Learning Presentations. Finally, thanks to those who have shared your insights during Annual Member Focus Groups, we are learning a ton and planning away to integrate your feedback into program offerings.
As we try to beat the heat and plan for this upcoming year, DCSC is working on the following things this quarter:
- Annual member focus group meetings: These meetings are a time to share insights and brainstorm ideas re: how to work together and how DCSC can support you. Sign up ASAP if you haven’t already.
- 10th Anniversary Annual Convening: During this year’s conference we will celebrate DCSC’s work to date and think ahead to the work remaining. We can’t wait to see you all in Los Angeles in January. Register by September 1 for the summer special rate.
- UnifiED Explorer recruitment: So far, a record 19 Explorers are signed up for the program and space if filling up fast. Secure your spot here.
- Communities of Practice: This year’s CoP are live! Check them out and sign up by October 3.
Finally, this quarter we are focused on our core value of learning and highlight the Museum School of Avondale Estates. The Museum School joined DCSC in 2020 and has been an active member ever since, participating in COPs, attending the annual convening, and serving on the annual convening planning committee.
The Museum School’s mission and core values are around real-world success and cooperation, responsibility, respect and kindness. We feel responsible as adults to identify areas where we don’t feel there is equity within the school and to address it.
– Katherine Kelbaugh, Executive Director, Museum School of Avondale Estates.