A New Normal
And just like that, the world has changed. In the midst of COVID-19, we know your needs are varied and disparate but one thing we consistently hear from members is that they value talking to each other.
Our team has found meaning and connection through daily 30-minute huddles. We want to open these to DCSC members to connect with us and each other during this uncertain and unsettling time. We hope this opens up a dialogue and provides community for many of us working through similar circumstances. Below are the links to sign up and pick which invites you want on your calendar.
- Tuesday Huddles are at 2:30pm ET
- Wednesday Huddles are at 5:30pm ET
- Thursday Huddles are at 5pm ET
- Friday Huddles are at Noon ET
And if attending a Zoom call just isn’t right for you right now, please check out some of our favorite resources from the past few days:
- Charter School Growth Fund put together some best practices about the transition to remote learning.
- Promise54 reminds us how to think through the tricky assumptions of choice during times like these.
- Beloved Community has organized a great list of resources (including a free mini-equity audit) about how to lean into equity at times like these when prevailing wisdom tells you not to.
- NewSchools Venture Fund shared this curated list of resources for schools and families.
- National Center on Special Education is hosting a Webinar on COVID-19 and Students with Disabilities Friday, March 27, from 1–2 p.m. EST.
- The Century Foundation and EL Education have set up a Google Group to share best practices. Email Conor Williams at TCF if you’d like to be invited to join.
- National Association of Charter School Authorizers has created a COVID-19 resource catalog which includes NACSA created resources and example guidelines from quality authorizers.
- The CER Resource Page from the Center for Education Reform compiles resources and information including educational content, tools, guides, and virtual events.
DCSC is a coalition meant to serve our members so please reach out to us and each other.
2020 Annual Convening
DCSC held two focus group sessions with attendees from our 2020 Annual Convening. Based on your feedback, we are excited to start work on making next year’s convening even more aligned to what our members need. Stay tuned for more information on our 2021 Annual Convening!
This is an opportunity for DCSC members to undergo an equity audit by Beloved Community. CIick here to learn more about how to participate.
Schools will need to complete their equity audit by May 1st.
Thanks to our hosts for having us!
Check out DCSC online!
Distance Learning & Support during COVID-19 [Live Virtual Event]
Check our events page for other VIRTUAL EVENTS in an attempt to stay home!
by Genevieve Siegal-Hawley
The DCSC team is reading this book for their own staff development this month. If you’ve already read it, let us know what you think!
Like and share: “In R.I. public schools, it’s all homework starting Monday“
Blackstone Valley Prep is featured in this piece!